Union is looking for a driven individual to help us build and support our Government innovation work, a critical contributor to the growth and success of the company.
In this role, you will be responsible for proactively seeking new, creative business opportunities with government clients and developing those relationships to promote retention and loyalty throughout the customer lifecycle. You will work closely with new and existing customers to ensure they are satisfied with the services they receive; with the internal product team to help improve upon areas of dissatisfaction; and with the sales team to provide constant feedback on customer goals. This role offers a tremendous growth opportunity to a hungry individual looking to make an impact in an exciting startup. Starting salary is $50,000-$60,000 based on experience with bonus opportunities for stellar performance.
Union is comprised of a global team with a headquarters in Washington, D.C., as well as a presence in Los Angeles, New York City, Portugal, and Costa Rica. This role is based out of our Washington, D.C. headquarters.
What you’ll do:Sales Responsibilities
- Directly develop and manage government sales pipeline. Strive to reach ambitious sales targets for the government market segment.
- Present Union to potential clients through remote and occasionally face-to-face meetings as well as industry networking events.
- Develop formal proposals in response to RFPs and maintain templates to drive proposal efficiency.
- Guide and train new customers through the Union platform to ensure smooth and successful customer and community adoption.
- Build long-term relationships through regular communication with customers, updates on new and upcoming features and internal advocacy to address their needs and feedback.
- Review and respond to any support requests, alerts or red flags in usage that could result in a poor experience or churn.
- Proactively seek new, creative ways the Union platform can support customer needs. Understand customer expectations and drive renewal and upsell. Work closely with upper management and the sales team regarding upsell opportunities.
- Support the CS team in creating and maintaining best practices documentation, how-to articles or any related material to support and optimize customer adoption and usage.
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years sales in a B2B or B2G SaaS or startup company
- Proven track record of working in a customer facing role
- Experience working with, and managing, stakeholders and customers
- Demonstration of a proven track record of achieving sales quota, preferably with high value B2B or B2G enterprise deals
- Passion for sales, negotiation, upsell and relationship building is a must
- Flexible approach, able to operate effectively with the uncertainty and change of a startup environment
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and empathy
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a “can do” attitude and desire to build and grow professionally
- Experience with the customer management and collaboration tools Pipedrive, Trello and Intercom are a plus
- Experience working for a startup incubator or accelerator and/or government innovation program (SBIR or STTR) is a plus
- The purpose. We are a global team committed to empowering entrepreneurs. As a purpose-driven B Corp, we strive to support all social and environmental stakeholders in our operations.
- The people. You will be surrounded by talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The perks. Medical benefits, 401k, gym membership and a flexible schedule to promote a healthy work life balance. Unlimited PTO.
The Union platform connects startup founders, mentors, investors, and corporate innovators around the world. We are a small, global team of talented and dedicated professionals with a mission to create a startup ecosystem that transcends geography and industry. We foster a flexible, fun, creative, and respectful environment committed to innovation and continuous product improvement to best serve our customers. Our collective team experiences range from startups to incubators to nonprofits and larger corporations, all with a focus on innovation and expertise in our field. Some of the biggest incubators and innovation teams on earth use Union. Help us build something amazing.
Interested applicants can submit their resume and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org